Wedding Workshop in sunny Blackpool


A step towards wedding photography...

Last year, my own wedding photographer, Peter Kelly, aka Captivating Photography asked me if I would like to be his second shooter at some of his wedding bookings.  There was no need for him to ask twice!  The images from our wedding had me choked up and Peter was one of the reasons I made my way into photography so it was a yes from me!

Being a newborn and portrait photographer already, I was aware that the Northern Portrait and Newborn Expo, (NPNE) was coming up in Blackpool and I read that Chris Chambers, multi award-winning wedding photographer was running a course on off camera flash which was something I wanted to learn to use for weddings.  

We all met in the reception of the Norbreck Castle Hotel and after introductions we moved over the road towards the seafront.  It was a shame that the tide was in but it didn't faze Chris who had scouted a few locations for our gorgeous models to stand. One of those being the back of the hotel near the bins, which just goes to show, you don't necessarily need a picturesque location to get some amazing images! 



This couple, who were actually a couple, were up for anything, anywhere!
That's Chris, lying down to get the shot.




She's so stunning!


And this was the back of the hotel... smelly and not scenic at all!


Yet these came from it!


  

What an amazing day.  I learnt a lot and I can't wait to put it into practise! 




Comments