Daisy B does Bumps too!

Recently I expanded my portfolio and began offering maternity sessions.  It seemed a natural step to take when I also photograph newborns, as maternity is the 'prequel' if you like, to the main event!  I remember that once I had had Archer and wasn't pregnant anymore I began to miss my bump and I wish I had some images of the pregnant me to remember what I looked like, how big my bump was and how being pregnant changed my body.  It would be great to show Archer when he's older too. 

 I had quite a few answers to my ad, and these two ladies were the first to bare their bumps for me.  I hope they also got something out of it, and I hope that was something nice for their wall.

I had previously attended a maternity workshop, learning some lighting and posing techniques and couldn't wait to put them into practise.  For both sessions I began with the cream backdrop and then changed to black, and ended with low key shots which are my favourite.  The lighting is so flattering and soft, perfect for showing the shape of the bump and figure but not too revealing.  Although I took similar shots for both sessions they were entirely different as Sarah brought her Fiancé to the first shoot and for the second, Nicola brought her five year old Son, Dylan.  I was so lucky that all of them were willing to wear and do everything that was asked of them.  

Nicola is bringing Dylan back for his little Brother's newborn shoot and I just cannot wait to see them again and meet the newest addition! 


Comments